- 2 pieces fish fillet (any fish)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbs coriander, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced( optional)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
Number of servings: 5
Amount per serving
Carbohydrates (g): 3
Protein (g): 23
Total Fat (g): 13
Of which saturated (g): 3
Cholesterol (mg): 79
- In a bowl, marinate the fish in the lemon juice, red chili pepper, salt and pepper, olive oil and set a side for at least 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
- Put fish 5 minutes on each side or until light golden brown.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- In the sauce pan, add butter, garlic,onion and 1/4 lemon juice, water and cook for 5 minutes and add the chopped cilantro or coriander.
- Pour sauce over the fish and serve hot.
For a healthier version of this recipe
Butter is high in unhealthy saturated fat and is not recommended. To fry onions, garlic and coriander, use a non-stick pan and grease it with cooking spray. The American Heart Association recommends consuming Fish minimum twice per week.
Good source of
Omega3, Vitamin D , Vitamin A, Calcium, Magnesium