- 1 large pita bread or arabic bread
- 1/2 bunch parsley,finely chopped
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 green or red capsicum, sliced
- 100 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1 big tomato, sliced
- 4 grams olives, round or seedless
- 1/4 cup mozarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup of akkawi unsalted
- 1 Tbs oregano, dried
chili powder (optional)
Number of servings: 8
Amount per serving
Carbohydrates (g): 13
Protein (g): 4
Total Fat (g): 2
Of which saturated (g): 1
Cholesterol (mg): 5
- Preheat the oven for 220 degrees C.
- Grease baking pan, place the pita bread on it.
- Top with tomato paste, parsley, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms and olives.
- Combine cheese and sprinkle evenly over pizza.
- Sprinkle with oregano and chili if you desired.
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and vegetables cook.
For a healthier version of this recipe
Opt for whole wheat bread that contains more fiber than white bread and for lower fat content, choose low fat mozzarella cheese
Good source of
Vitamin B, Vitamin A , Vitamin C , Beta Carotene, Polyphenols, Flavonoids, Selenium , Lycopene