- 2 cup of white rice (clean it nicely)
- 1 pcs of red onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- A pinch of saffron
- 100 ml of hot water
- 500 ml of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp of salt
- A bunch of fresh coriander
- Some oil
Number of servings: 3
Amount per serving
Carbohydrates (g): 111
Protein (g): 11
Total Fat (g): 12
Of which saturated (g): 2
Cholesterol (mg): 1
- Heat the pan put oil add chopped onion and garlic, saute them until they change colour.
- Add the rice, the saffron (which u already soaked in 100 ml of hot water)
- Add the stock, season with salt.
- Cook the rice for 7 minutes with cover then continue on simmering for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the fire leave it for 3 minutes (don't open the cover).
- Serve in a plate/bowl, garnished with coriander leaves
For a healthier version of this recipe
Brown rice is a healthier choice than white rice for most people due to brown rice's higher fiber, magnesium and zinc content. 1 cup of white rice contains 0.6 g fiber while 1 cup of brown rice contains 3.5 g fiber; If you prefer white rice, make sure that you purchase "enriched" rice, meaning minerals have been added to boost the nutrient content. Using a non-stick pan and greasing it with a cooking spray will help you reduce the oil quantity used during preparation.
Good source of
Iron , Zinc , Vitamin B1 , Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9, Magnesium